The PS Plus August 2022 monthly games continue to be a mystery, despite us rapidly coming towards the end of the month. By this point, there have usually been credible leaks and/or rumors pointing towards what players can expect, at least in one region. However, August 2022’s lineup has maintained its shroud of the unknown, forcing eager members of the community to put their heads together to come up with their best estimates based on past trends.
PS Plus August 2022 Monthly Games Predictions
- Judgment (PS5)
- Following the PS4 version being featured in the Japanese PS Plus lineup for December 2021, subscribers in other regions have been waiting for this spin-off of the Yakuza series to make its way to PS Plus.
- With Yakuza hype building again, what with the first images of Yakuza 8 revealed alongside some snippets of new info, Judgment would be a great choice. Ideally, it would be the PS5 version.
- Dreams (PS4)
- Dreams being featured as one of the next PS Plus titles would line up nicely with the DreamsCom ’22 event that’s currently being hosted.
- Pure speculation on our part, but announcing the game being part of the upcoming PS Plus for August 2022 would be an epic way to end the show and draw more eyeballs.
- Mass Effect Legendary Edition (PS4)
- While this might seem like an optimistic choice, the PC version of the Mass Effect Legendary Edition was recently featured as part of the Amazon Prime Day collection, making it available to download for free by any Amazon Prime subscriber.
- When a game is made free on other platforms, it can sometimes be made free on other platforms.
Although there are no credible leaks or rumors to report on this month, community members on this popular Reddit “Prediction Megathread” are keen to see Modern Warfare (2019) and Marvel’s Spider-Man (Remastered or otherwise) as part of the lineup.
In other PlayStation news, feast your eyes on this early look at PSVR 2 user experience features. Activision has promised a big Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 beta code drop for next week. Ubisoft has denied reports that it is canceling Roller Champions.