Mother’s Day is a special occasion. It is a day to honor mothers and make them feel important. If you are looking for ways to celebrate the day, why not give your mother a break from kitchen duties and take over instead?
If she has a sweet tooth, she will definitely love this dessert recipe, courtesy of chef Devashree Muni, the founder of Cocoa Cellar – a dessert kitchen selling alcoholic and non-alcoholic treats in Mumbai.
Little Lemon Tarts
Ingredients (makes 24)
– 250 g plain (all-purpose) flour
– 125 g butter, chopped
– 2 teaspoons caster sugar
– 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
– 1 egg yolk
– 160g sweetened condensed milk
– 2 tablespoon lemon juice
– 2 egg yolks
– 125 g caster sugar
– 125g cream cheese, softened
1. Preheat the oven to moderate 1800 ° C. Brush two 12-cup shallow patty (bun) tins with oil. Sift flour and a pinch of salt into a bowl; rub in butter.
2. Add sugar, rind, egg yolk and 2-3 tablespoons iced water; mix with a knife. Gently knead on a lightly floured surface until smooth. Cover in plastic wrap and allow it to chill for 10 minutes.
3. To make the filling: Using electric beaters, beat combined cream cheese, sugar and egg yolks until smooth and thickened. Add lemon juice and condensed milk; beat until well combined.
4. Roll out the dough between sheets of baking paper to 3 mm thickness. Using a 7 cm fluted, round cutter, cut rounds from pastry. Gently press into patty (bun) tins. Lightly prick each round 3 times with a fork, bake for 10 minutes or until just starting to turn golden.
5. Remove from the oven and pour filling into each case. Return to the oven for another 5 minutes or until filling has set. Cool slightly before removing from tins. Garnish with strips of candied lemon peel, if desired.
Would you like to try?
📣 For more lifestyle news, follow us on Instagram | Twitter | Facebook and don’t miss out on the latest updates!