Hi all. I’m back in your inbox this warm morning to walk you through all the most important things happening in town. Let’s do it.
First, today’s weather:
Mostly sunny and hot. High: 93 Low: 55.
Here are the top four stories in Essex-Chester-Deep River today:
- Businesses in the Essex-Chester-Deep River area are looking to fill openings on their staff, and we’ve rounded up some of the best local job openings listed within the past week. Looking for full-time or part-time work? Here are the newest jobs available in your area. (Essex-Chester-Deep River Patch)
- Looking for a new home nearby, but getting tired of seeing the same old property listings every time you search online? With Patch’s weekly list of new homes in your area, you can be sure you’re not missing anything. Here are three local houses for sale. (Essex-Chester-Deep River Patch)
- Mark your calendars for the Milltrail Hike, Remembering the Flood. The hike will be held on June 4 at the Ivory Street entrance in Ivoryton. The hike will include a tour of Millrace Preserve, a talk about Ivoryton and its rich and storied history and the iconic flood, which ended an era. (Facebook)
- Connecticut residents are poised to join thousands of others from all over the country on June 18, for the Mass Poor Peoples and Low-Wage Workers’ Assembly “March on Washington DC and to the Polls,” led by Rev. Dr. William Barber. Reportedly, The New Haven Peoples Center is organizing a charter bus to attend the march in the nation’s capital. Organizational partners for the march include over 200 union, faith, peace and environmental justice groups. (Par-newhaven.org)
From our sponsor:
Today’s newsletter is brought to you in part by Ring, a Patch Brand Partner. Whether you’re working from home or streaming your favorite movies, the new Ring Alarm Pro gives you an internet connection you can count on – while simultaneously keeping your home safe and secure.
To learn more about the innovative security system, or to build your own custom system, you can visit Ring here.
Today in Essex-Chester-Deep River:
- Teen Take and Make Craft – Essex Library Association (All day)
- Summer Enrichment for High School Students (9 am)
From my notebook:
- Chester CT Historical Society: “Such a busy week and weekend ahead of us. Needed to create a different message for each side of our street sign. Hope to see you!” (Facebook)
- Chester CT Historical Society: “So many of you have great memories about our old restaurants. So do you remember the Valley Deli, which was on Middlesex Avenue (we think about where Rustica is now). We found this little writeup about it from 1989.” (Facebook)
- Essex Library: “@ The Library May is Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month! Check out our curated collection of novels, gardening, and cooking books and celebrate these cultures and their contributions to history and culture.” (Facebook)
More from our sponsors – thanks for supporting local news!
Now you’re in the loop and ready to head out the door on this Tuesday! See you all tomorrow for your next update.
– Karena Garrity
About me: I am a native of Connecticut, who currently resides in the Tri-Town community of Chester, Deep River and Essex. I have been a community reporter for the better part of the past 20 years. I love my small town community and I am honored to be a part of Patch.com. You can reach me at; firstname.lastname@example.org.