Hey, friends! It’s Wednesday in Round Rock and I’m back in your inbox with everything you need to know about what’s happening in town.
First, today’s weather:
Mostly sunny and hot. High: 98 Low: 75.
Here’s to our premier local sponsor. Check out what they can do for you:
Looking to buy or sell a home in the Round Rock area? Talk to Christina Mugno at 512HomeTeam. Christina is native to our community and a local market expert and advisor that specializes in educating and guiding sellers, along with helping first time buyers find the home of their dreams. Call Christina at (512) 786-5649 and ask about a free home inspection, or visit her here to learn more.
Want to see your business featured in this spot? Click here to get started.
Here are the top three stories in Round Rock today:
- On Jun. 16, Round Rock ISD officials approved a pilot program for the 2022-23 academic year that will allow students who live outside of the district’s boundaries to enroll at select campuses. Some parents do not agree with making RRISD an open enrollment district, due to already limited resources at some campuses. (Community Impact)
- On Father’s Day, the women’s ministry at the Fellowship Church in Round Rock pranked more than 75 dads who attend the church. The women’s ministry got the men of the church to wear the same shirt without knowing that they would be matching with all the other men, a current popular internet trend. The church wrote on their Facebook page, “the men were great sports, had a good laugh, and it was a fun day.” (KXAN)
- Finding a home in the Round Rock area just got easier. View the link to see newly listed homes for sale and open houses in your area. (Round Rock Patch)
Help us make this newsletter better!
We’ve been getting so much positive feedback about the Round Rock Daily that we’re starting to get a big head. Want to bring us back down to earth with some constructive feedback? If so, take our simple – and quick! – reader survey. Your feedback will help us make sure we’re covering the kind of local news, events and scuttlebutt you really care about. And it will help us towards our goal of being an indispensable local resource and the last email you’d ever unsubscribe from.
We’d be so appreciative of your feedback that, if you take the survey, we’ll enter your email address in a drawing for a small mountain of Patch swag. You know you want that tote bag – so click the link and give it to us straight. Thank you!
Take the Survey 👉
Today in Round Rock:
- Babytime (ages 12 – 18 months) At Round Rock Public Library (9:30 AM)
- Toddlertime At Round Rock Public Library (9:30 AM)
- Preschool Storytime At Round Rock Public Library (10:30 AM)
- Graphic Novel Book Club (ages 6-8) At Round Rock Public Library (2:00 PM)
- Music on Main At Prete Main Street Plaza (7:00 PM)
From my notebook:
- Dell Technologies in Round Rock was named number 11 in Great Place to Work and Fortune’s list of the top 20 large employers in Texas! View the link to see the full list. (CultureMap Dallas)
- Do not forget, Resume Review is every Tuesday at the Round Rock Public Library! Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by 1:00 pm and a librarian will contact you to review your resume and offer tips! And for anyone looking to network, improve their public speaking, leadership, and communication skills, check out in Meeting Room A from 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm! Click here for more information. (Facebook)
- Join the Round Rock Cornhole Leagues! The league consists of eight games with CoRec divisional play on Tuesday and / or Thursday evenings at the new Adult Recreation Complex in Old Settlers Park. For more information, click here or call 512-218-5540. (Facebook)
More from our sponsors – thanks for supporting local news!
Now you’re in the loop and ready to head out the door on this Wednesday. I’ll be in your inbox tomorrow morning with a new update!
– Rose Mendez
About me: Rose Mendez is a freelance writer. She is studying English Literature at Hunter College. She loves reading, walking around the city, and coffee!